Mass of Consecration of an Altar
Scroll down to pictures from the Mass.
The inscription on the front of the altar reads:
Ave Verum Corpus natum de Maria Virgine
“Hail True Body, born of the Virgin Mary”
It eloquently expresses the precious role of Our Lady in the plan of our Salvation, along with the fact that Christ present in the Eucharist is the same Christ as was born from the sacred tabernacle that is Mary Immaculate…
Some points of interest concerning our new Sanctuary
- The Sanctuary is the design of James McCrery, Architect (Washington, DC).
- The Woodwork was crafted by Mountain View Millwork (West Virginia).
- The Altar Mensa is of Italian Travertine Marble and was crafted by Rugo Stone (Lorton, Virginia).
- The Relics are of Saint Bernadette Soubirous, Saint Faustina Kowalska, St. Francis Xavier and St. Josemaría Escrivá. They were donated by the Very Rev. Francis de Rosa.
- The Altar Stone in the center of the altar was taken from the original 1905 altar of St. Elizabeth Church in Colonial Beach, so as to signify the historical unity of our two churches in one parish.
- The Altar of Sacrifice was donated by the parishioners of St. Elizabeth Church in Colonial Beach.
- The Ambo was donated by Howard and Katy Thomas.
- The Altar Rail was donated in memoriam of Keith G. & Marjorie W. Britton of King George.
- The sound system was donated by John and Dixie Russell.
- Many thanks also to Fr. Jerry Pokorsky and St. Catherine of Siena Church in Great Falls, Virginia, who donated generously to the sanctuary.
A commemorative plaque will be placed in the church in the future, and there will be more opportunities to donate to the sanctuary and have your gift commemorated on the plaque.