Consecration of St. Elizabeth’s New Altar
ST. ELIZABETH’S ALTAR
St. Elizabeth’s new altar was solemnly consecrated at the 5:00 PM Mass on Saturday, August 27th. The Vicar General of the Diocese of Arlington, Very Rev. Thomas Ferguson, presided. The consecration of an altar involves pouring blessed chrism oil over the entire surface of the altar, the burning of incense and the solemn placing of the relic of St. Elizabeth of Hungary in the relic chamber.
Many thanks to all who helped make this possible:
- The over 60 families that contributed financially.
- The parish staff and diocesan building office.
- Steve Cirbee of Trinity Building who was the general contractor
- Andrea Cirbee, his wife, who repainted the crucifix and Lamb of God medallion
- McCrery Architects who designed it all
- Harvey Yarus of Eastside Glass who installed the new framing and new clear glass
- Kevin Grabowski of Conrad Schmitt Co, who produced the stained glass window
- Tony Mangano of Rappatomac Millwork who built the woodwork
- and all the workers who shared in this effort to give God the greater glory!